Voting for our New Church Name
Please note that this is for both Erina AND The Entrance church members. We're certainly looking forward to combining both congregations together soon by His grace!
The Nomination Process (COMPLETED)– Wednesday Feb 26th (8am) to Sunday March 9th (11pm)
- Members were able to nominate as many names as they like.
- Nominations were done through an online form as well as printed forms available in the foyers of both churches, which were then placed either in the ofering bag or passed to the reception elder / deacon on March 1st / 8th
- The nominations closed at 11.00pm Sunday March 9th; and no other nominations were accepted after that.
Voting Stage 1 (COMPLETED) - Monday March 10th (9pm) to Sunday March 23rd (11pm)- To simplify matters, only Erina and The Entrance church members will be allowed to vote. (Having visitors vote will complicate things, so if you’ve been a long time visitor it may be time to transfer your membership or join the church body through baptism in Christ! ^_^)
- ALL nominations were taken either online or through voting forms that were made available in the church foyer from the Sabbath of March 15th.
- Members were able to vote up to 5 names; note however that votes were tabulated on a points system, meaning members had to list votes in their preferred order. The Top Name got 5 points, the second name got 4, the third got 3, the fourth got 2, and the fifth got 1 point.
- Members didn't have to vote 5 names; just their favourites as you can just vote for your favourites.
- Voting officially closed at 11.00pm Sunday March 23rd
Voting Final Stage – Combined Business Meeting Sunday March 30th @ 6pm at Erina)- The top 5 names were brought to the Combined Business Meeting on Sunday March 30th @ 6.00pm at Erina Church.
- The names were then narrowed down to two, and after a paper vote, the new combined Erina-The Entrance church name is.... *cue drum roll*....
FORRESTERS SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH!